Friday, January 5, 2024

identity exercise: resilient


 Resilience is the ability to move through and grow from difficult times. It also means flexible, strong, hardy, tough, able to bounce back quickly. 

I don't feel hardy or tough. I don't feel that strong. I feel fragile and broken most days. I feel like this trauma process has been neverending, with it taking days for me to come back from really hard things sometimes.

But I have made progress. I am moving through the difficult journey of trauma healing. I've grown exponentially and expect to grow more. Though I've been broken, I'm not a dead branch. Jesus keeps binding up the broken places, tending to my wounds, encouraging new growth at those snapped spots. New growth in the healed places makes them stronger.

I'm learning more and more to trust God to mend. He makes me resilient.


No comments:

Post a Comment